The pot is made of borosilicate glass, which is light, thin, and four times more break-proof than normal glass. In addition, this special glass is heat resistant, dishwasher safe and microwaveable. The capacity to make coffee with the glass filter is 1.2 liters and is aligned for 8 cups. Beautiful aesthetics are combined with high functionality in one can.
- coffee pot for 8 cups with glass filter made of borosilicate glass by Trendglas Jena
- borosilicate glass is light, thin, and four times more break-resistant than ordinary glass
- due to the non-pore-free surface no residues remain (tasteless, allergy-friendly)
- heat resistant, dishwasher-safe and microwaveable
- capacity of the coffee maker with the glass filter: 1.2 liters ; H/W/D in mm : 256/165/150
The manufacturer recommends to use Hario V60 - (Size) 3 and CHEMEX FC-100 filter.
1. Place the paper filter and moisten the entire filter with boiled water. That way the coffee gets filtered better and doesn't assume paper flavours.
2. Fill in the ground coffee; recommended are about 60 grams ground coffee to 1 liter water.
3. The first infusion: Pour about 100 ml of water over the ground coffee in a circular motion so that all the coffee is moistened well.
4. Wait about 1:30 minutes until the coffee has taken all the water. This process is called "blooming".
5. Now slowly add the remaining 900 ml also in a circular motion; staying away from the paper filter at the upper edge to avoid a "papery" taste.
6. Wait a few minutes until the water has ran through – and last but not least: enjoy!